The Watsons

The Watsons
Cal, Michelle, McKenna, Cassidy, Ben, Cole

Friday, May 9, 2008

Ben is a cutie pie!

This is just a post of adorable pictures of our little man. I think he's got about the cutest head of hair ever! It a bit receding but so, so cute. Notice in the picture with Cal's hand and Ben. His little arm is the same size as Cal's finger. It's a little blurry because he was moving and it was dark, but it still shows how tiny he is. Here's an update on Ben's progress. Last night he topped 4 lbs. I made the nurse weigh him 3 times just to make sure it was accurate. As of tonight, he is at 4 lbs 2 oz. He is doing so well. He has been nippling about 65% of all of his feedings instead of being gavaged. Which means he can stay awake and suck swallow breath out of his bottle most of the time. They have moved him to a open crib. They kept his isolet plugged in in case his temperature drops and they have to put him back in. The pediatrician actually referred to him as a "rock-star". I think everyone is pleasantly surprised at his progress. To come home he has to nipple 100% of his feedings for 24 hours, sit in his car seat for one hour without his oxygen level dropping, keep his temperature up on his own and grow a bit more. He's kickin' butt and taken names! He'll be coming home soon. Keep praying for him they're really working!




3 comments:

Grandma Lynne said...

Keep on sending these precious videos! I love to watch them over and over. Can't wait to see this little fellow in person--don't grow-up too fast, Ben. Grandma is proud of your progress; do just what you need to do to go home--don't become obese...with that receding hair line, we will definitely get you confused with your Dad. Ha, Ha, Love, Grandma Lynne

The Throops said...

We love the new pics of Ben and the girls. We are so proud of little Ben, he is a champ! I was reading your blog just before I put Claire to bed and she was looking at the pictures and video over my shoulder. Then when we had prayers she prayed for little Ben. It was so sweet! Happy Mother's Day!

Karen said...

Ben looks so much like my little brother when he was born-- a preemie too with those sweet tiny little arms! He's such a cutie pie! Oh my gosh, I love all that hair! Take care.